- The fundamental attributes and technical aspects of writing a modern, accomplishment focused resume.
- How to create this style of document using your own personal information
Overview of this course:
This course is presented in a workshop format. You will go through the writing process using a series of lectures and course materials which are followed by user-completed assignments that result in a winning resume.
Each step is anchored in an assignment that will assist you in creating the sections of your resume leading up to the final document.
- Step #1 you will be introduced to the basic structure of a resume and gather relevant personal information.
- Step #2 you will create a properly formatted resume document.
- Step #3 you will write the content of the resume in a series of separate exercises.
- Next we will discuss cover letters and applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- After completing this course, you will have created your personalized winning resume.
Meet Michelle Merritt, your instructor for this course
Michelle is an executive strengths coach and entrepreneur who leverages 20+ years of experience in corporate recruiting, human resources, and performance management to assist professionals and job seekers in crafting strategic career branding strategies.
Learning by Doing
The heart of this course is the instructional principle of Learning By Doing: We encourage you to be actively engaged in the writing assignments presented at each step. Once they are completed you will have written a resume for yourself which is no small feat!
Success has an ACTION bias: Once you start this course, it’s important to not stop until it’s done. Schedule writing sessions at each step to keep yourself on track. The sooner you start writing, the sooner you’ll have a resume. Putting it off to until ‘later’ will decrease your chances of successful completion.